Please call 620-398-2231 for pricing & availability.
Sold by the 50 pound bag, 2000 pound tote, or bulk
- Awnletted (very short beards)
- Medium maturity
- Semi-erect fall growth habit
- Vigorous fall growth
- Tolerant of rust
- Tolerant of wheat streak mosaic virus
- Tall stature with good straw strength
- Excellent green leaf duration (holds its leaves well into spring)
- High silage yields
- Adapted to the southern and central plains
TriCal Triticale for Southern Plains
There’s a TriCal to fit your area! Consult Sharp Bros. Seed Co. to find what’s best for you.
TriCal Triticale requires no change in equipment, land preparation or other cultural practices commonly used for other cereal crops.
Meets or Exceeds Quality of other traditional cereal forages.
University studies confirm that TriCal triticale:
- Is more efficient at uptake of nitrogen per ton of silage than is corn.
- Produces more pounds of milk per ton of dry matter than does corn silage.
- Is highly palatable as a grazing forage resource and as a source of silage varies from good to excellent for digestibility, crude protein and other measures of forage quality.
TriCal Triticale is the “cereal of choice” for forage needs…grazing, silage or hay.
2015 Research data from the Great Plains show that TriCal Triticale grazing potential was 118% of barley and 155% of wheat. T
riticale consistently out-performs wheat and barley for silage and forage.